Why Centre Foundation?
We offer a variety of tools to help you achieve your charitable goals. Whether you want to create a new fund or add to an existing one, we are here to make giving easy and effective by accepting a variety of gifts which provide great flexibility.
- You can donate directly to us from our donation page. By choosing this option you allow us to determine how to use your gift to address the county’s greatest needs.
- Browse our current funds to learn about the work our current funds are already supporting and make a donation directly to one or more funds.
- We can help you create your own charitable fund. We’ll work closely with you so we can understand your goals. You can choose how much and what kind of assets you use to start the fund, what nonprofit organizations the fund will benefit, and what to name the fund. Our staff is available to assist you, not only as you begin the fund, but throughout your lifetime. Contact Us for more information.
The Giving Circle
Have you ever wanted to give $10,000 to a great organization for an amazing project? Then you should join Centre Foundation’s Giving Circle! Each year, like-minded philanthropists like you meet to decide which local non-profit organization’s project will receive a $10,000 grant.
At Centre Foundation, we are all about impact. Join the Giving Circle to hear a live introduction of meaningful projects in your community and vote in real-time to decide which project to fund. You will have the opportunity to meet and mingle with other motivated members during the Giving Circle’s annual event.
The Giving Circle was established in 2006 to commemorate the Foundation’s 25th anniversary and to make impactful, project-based grants in our community. From securing a dry home for seniors to giving our pre-kindergartners a head start, the Giving Circle $10,000 grant makes a difference each year in our community. In previous years, these grants have provided housing for the developmentally disabled, purchased a truck for a shelter, and created interactive learning stations for our youngest students.
Impact happens here; you can be a part of it!
* What happened in 2016? Get all the details here.
Campbell Legacy Society
Judge R. Paul Campbell understood the value of leaving a legacy to his community when he founded Centre Foundation. Our Campbell Society honors his legacy by recognizing donors who have named Centre Foundation as a beneficiary of their estate plans. You can become a member of the Campbell Society through designating Centre Foundation in a:
- bequest under a will
- distribution from a trust (including a charitable remainder or lead trust)
- charitable gift annuity
- life insurance policy as a beneficiary
- retirement plan (IRA, 401k, 403b) as a beneficiary
- deferred pledge agreement
For more information about the benefits of estate planning, sample bequest language, and other tips, please click here to view a helpful brochure.
Centre PACT - Philanthropic Actions Created by Teens
High School students from across Centre County are encouraged to apply to join the Centre PACT program, which aims to give participants a hands-on, student-led look at philanthropy, as well as learn about themselves, each other, and Centre County. Fall recruitment will begin as schools reopen in the fall.
For more information, click here or contact our office. To fill out an application for the 2016-2017 school year, please click here.
Learn more about the impact these student philanthropists made in 2016 by clicking here!