Story of Fund
Harold and Nancy O'Connor are longtime residents of Centre County. Harold O'Connor graduated from Penn State in 1952 with a bachelor's degree in physics. He joined the State College-based Chemcut Corp. in 1958 as secretary-treasurer, became its president in 1966, and led it through public stock offerings and sale to Schering AG in 1980. He retired in 1987. Both Harold and Nancy are passionate about volunteering in the community; Harold has served on the boards of Susquehanna University and of Centre Foundation. Nancy has served as an advisory board member at the Palmer Museum of Art and a volunteer for Schlow Library and the local hospital , among others. Harold served as Centre Foundation's board chair in 1989; the O'Connors are Centre Foundation Campbell Society and Anniversary Circle members.