Story of Fund
This fund was established by John E. and Henrietta H. Baylor in memory of their loved ones and in support of the State College Presbyterian Church. Following his service in World War II, John and Henrietta married in 1950 and moved to State College five years later so that John could pursue a Ph.D. Dr. Baylor worked at Penn State as an Extension Forage Specialist and was fondly known to many as “Mr. Alfalfa.” During his sabbatical, the family travelled to New Zealand and Australia, where John lectured before participating in a formal program with the Bahamian government. After retiring from Penn State, John took a position with the Beachley-Hardy Seed Company. From 1987-2002, he served as the Executive Director of the Atlantic Seedsmen’s Association. Locally, he was active with the Kiwanis Club, the Pasto Agricultural Museum at Penn State, and was an avid Lady Lions basketball fan. John and Henrietta also joined Centre Foundation's Campbell Society. The Baylors have a long history of support for the State College Presbyterian Church, where John served as a Deacon and Elder; this fund will continue their dedication to State College Presbyterian Church.