Why Centre Foundation?
We offer a variety of tools to help you achieve your charitable goals. Whether you want to create a new fund or add to an existing one, we are here to make giving easy and effective by accepting a variety of gifts which provide great flexibility.
- You can donate directly to us from our donation page. By choosing this option you allow us to determine how to use your gift to address the county’s greatest needs.
- Browse our current funds to learn about the work our current funds are already supporting and make a donation directly to one or more funds.
- We can help you create your own charitable fund. We’ll work closely with you so we can understand your goals. You can choose how much and what kind of assets you use to start the fund, what nonprofit organizations the fund will benefit, and what to name the fund. Our staff is available to assist you, not only as you begin the fund, but throughout your lifetime. Contact Us for more information.
The Giving Circle
Have you ever wanted to give $10,000 to a great organization for an amazing project? Then you should join Centre Foundation’s Giving Circle! Each year, like-minded philanthropists like you meet to decide which local non-profit organization’s project will receive a $10,000 grant.
Centre Foundation's Giving Circle is a group of community -minded individuals who pool their resources together to make a big impact! The group meets at an annual cocktail reception to hear from three finalist organizations. While all three finalist organizations will receive a grant, the members' votes determine which finalist organization will receive a $10,000 grant!
Since its inception in 2006, members of the Giving Circle have distributed $124,000 in grants to support programs throughout Centre County!
Giving Circle members in good standing will meet on August 29, 2018 to vote for the next $10,000 Giving Circle grant recipient!
Campbell Legacy Society
Judge R. Paul Campbell understood the value of leaving a legacy to his community when he founded Centre Foundation. Our Campbell Society honors his legacy by recognizing donors who have named Centre Foundation as a beneficiary of their estate plans. You can become a member of the Campbell Society through designating Centre Foundation in a:
- bequest under a will
- distribution from a trust (including a charitable remainder or lead trust)
- charitable gift annuity
- life insurance policy as a beneficiary
- retirement plan (IRA, 401k, 403b) as a beneficiary
- deferred pledge agreement
For more information about the benefits of estate planning, sample bequest language, and other tips, please click here to view a helpful brochure.
Centre PACT - Philanthropic Actions Created by Teens
Centre County high school students are encouraged to apply to join the Centre PACT program, which aims to give participants a hands-on, student-led look at philanthropy, as well as learn about themselves, each other, and Centre County. Fall recruitment begins as schools open in the fall. The 2017-2018 Centre PACT program is full and the application period has closed.
Remaining Meetings: March 18, April 15, April 29